In this weeklong institute, early childhood teachers rethink their reading and writing practices in light of new research trends. Join a community of teachers committed to thinking deeply about best literacy practices and bring home hundreds of classroom ideas. Participants in our Classroom Storytelling are encouraged to enroll in Summer Institute, which reinforces and deepens the learning of the school-year sessions.
- Translating cutting edge reading and writing research into classroom practice
- Making the most of children’s storytelling, dictation, and dramatization
- Developing effective strategies for teaching alphabet and print knowledge, phonological awareness and other essential literacy skills
- Considering the big picture of early education: teacher/child relationships, self-regulation, socio-emotional development and more
- Bridging the gap between children’s’ homes and school cultures.
If your school needs to pay by check, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an invoice. We must receive a purchase order before you can register your teachers. All checks must be received by July 10, 2020.
Schools may substitute a different teacher for the original registration up to 15 working days before class starts. Substitution requests before the deadline must be made in writing to email@example.com. A 10 percent processing fee will apply.
Due to the high demand for courses, registrations are considered final 15 working days before class starts. Refund requests before the deadline must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. A 10 percent processing fee will subtracted from all refunds.
Register today and save $50 per teacher! Our early bird rate expires on March 31, 2020.