In this weeklong institute, early childhood teachers rethink their reading and writing practices in light of new research trends. Join a community of teachers committed to thinking deeply about best literacy practices and bring home hundreds of classroom ideas. Participants in our Classroom Storytelling are encouraged to enroll in Summer Institute, which reinforces and deepens the learning of the school-year sessions.
- Translating cutting edge reading and writing research into classroom practice
- Making the most of children’s storytelling, dictation, and dramatization
- Developing effective strategies for teaching alphabet and print knowledge, phonological awareness and other essential literacy skills
- Considering the big picture of early education: teacher/child relationships, self-regulation, socio-moral development and more
- Bridging the gap between children’s’ homes and school cultures.
Register by May 31, 2019 to take advantage of early registration rates.
Thank you for your interest in this institute. Unfortunately, this offering is either full or not currently accepting registrations.
Sign up to stay in the know and learn more about this offering and other education programs.