The Certified Valuation Analyst course prepares students with the knowledge of how to value private business enterprises, prepare comprehensive business valuations and prepares students to pass any business valuation certification exam offered in the profession:
- Business valuation methodologies, approaches, and case studies
- Professional standards and ethics
- Specialty areas of valuation practice
Understanding and applying the generally accepted business valuation methodologies and approaches, and adhering to professional standards that govern the business valuation profession, will put you in a stronger position to better serve your clients.
- Business Valuations - Fundamentals, Techniques & Theory (FT&T)
- Business Valuations - Applications and Calculations of the Income and Asset Approaches
- The Market Approach - Exploring the Pricing Component
- Valuation in Action - Case Studies: Applying the Principles and Techniques
After completing this course, attendees will be able to:
- Identify the fundamental steps to valuing a business, from beginning to end
- Identify an appropriate valuation method within the valuation approaches based on the specific purpose and standard of value for a given valuation assignment
- Determine the most appropriate financial analysis of a subject company as it relates to a specific valuation engagement
- Identify the foundations of the business valuation analysis process as well as the value drivers that support a subject company’s value
- Recognize the differences in the various standards of value for businesses and the nuances of their application in a business valuation engagement
To support a candidate’s successful completion for both requirements for CVA credentialing, the following resources are included with registration fee.
- Understanding Business Valuations for CPAs/Financial Advisors
- CVA Exam Q&A Study Guide
- Online CVA Case Study Report Writing Clinic
- Case Study Research Package
- CVA Case Study Mentor
- 60-Day Trial Subscriptions to KeyValueData, BVM Pro, and BVRW, Including Technical Support
Live Classroom and Live Online Broadcast Package Includes:
- Training: Theory and Practice
- CVA Certification Exam (live or proctored)
- First-year NACVA Practitioner Membership
- Exam Q&A Study Guide (including domestic shipping)
- Report Writing Clinic
- Case Study Research Package and Mentors
- Data and Software Trial Subscriptions
CPAs and financial consultants who wish to specialize in a non-seasonal consulting niche; employees of companies whose business plan includes growth/change via acquisitions and/ or divestitures; and anyone else who deals with business value in the course of his or her work.
Due to the high demand for courses, registrations are considered final as of 10 working days before class starts. No refunds will be issued after these dates and credits will not be given for future classes. No refunds will be granted for participants who miss a portion of a program. Refund requests before the deadline are subject to a 10% processing fee and must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. If books have been issued, the cost of the books and any shipping fees will be deducted. Refunds for credit card payments will be processed as credits to the accounts from which they were paid and may not appear as a credit until the following statement. Refunds for enrollments paid by check take up to four weeks to be processed and mailed by the Rice University accounting office. There is a $30 charge for any check returned for insufficient funds.
There are no upcoming information sessions at this time. Please email email@example.com for more information.
Thank you for your interest in this course. Unfortunately, this course is either full or not currently accepting registrations.
Sign up to stay in the know and learn more about this offering and other professional studies programs.