Rice University is proud to partner with Pariveda Solutions, Inc. to offer the Physicians Leadership Certificate to help physicians in leadership roles find solid, specific solutions to some of their most troubling work-related problems. This immersive seminar provides didactic lectures, small-group discussions, and consultation sessions, during which participants explore the psychological tasks of leadership and management. Together, these methodologies further participants’ knowledge and enhance their ability to apply that knowledge in clinical practice, thereby achieving the learning objectives and desired changes in competence and performance.
In the seminar, participants learn to read people’s situations more accurately. They become skilled at harnessing the intrinsic motivation and enthusiasm of their teams. They learn how to capture the frenetic energy released during organizational change and convert it into efficiency.
This program has been approved through the Advanced Health Education Center for Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits, and the tuition includes the hotel and meal costs. To insure full, immersive impact, we require that all participants stay in host hotel, and eat meals with seminar participants. We will provide all meals and transportation between hotel and Rice University campus.
The Glasscock School is monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and will follow the Rice Crisis Management Team (CMT) advice and protocols.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Apply the seminar’s concepts to increase understanding of colleagues, direct reports, others (including patients), as well as themselves;
- Organize work more productively;
- Analyze, clarify, and solve problems concerning people and their work roles;
- Identify the best available means for creating optimal shared solutions, while building trust and mutual respect;
- Develop strategies and practices for leading people (physicians and non-physicians) more effectively;
- Take charge and lead change in hospitals and other health-care environments by galvanizing people around
The course is designed to meet the following American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) / Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) competencies:
- Practice-Based Learning and Improvement
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Systems-Based Practice
The course is designed to meet the following Institute of Medicine (IOM) Competencies:
- Work in Interdisciplinary Teams
- Apply Quality Improvement
- Utilize Informatics
- This course is appropriate for all physicians;
- Those who lead mixed teams of physicians and administrative staff;
- Those who aspire to clinical or administrative leadership positions;
- Those who own and/or lead a private practice;
- Those who work within a healthcare system or organization with layers of leadership and teams of clinical and administrative staff;
- Those seeking Center for Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits.
Pariveda Solutions, Inc
This program has been approved through the Advanced Health Education Center for Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits.
The hotel and meal costs are included in the tuition.
DISCLOSURE POLICY: Rice University adheres to all ACCME Essential Areas, Standards, and Policies. It is Rice University’s policy that those who have influenced the content of a CME activity (e.g., planners, faculty, authors, reviewers, and others) disclose all relevant financial relationships with commercial entities so that Rice University may identify and resolve any conflicts of interest prior to the activity. These disclosures will be provided in the activity materials along with disclosure of any commercial support received for the activity. Additionally, faculty members have been instructed to disclose any limitations of data and unlabeled or investigational uses of products during their presentations
Financial assistance information can be found on Rice Financial Aid's Visiting and Continuing Education Students page.
The estimated Cost of Attendance (COA) for the Physicians Leadership Certificate is $6500.
Due to the high demand for courses, registrations are considered final as of 10 working days before class starts. No refunds will be issued after these dates and credits will not be given for future classes. No refunds will be granted for participants who miss a portion of a program. Refund requests before the deadline are subject to a 10% processing fee and must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. If books have been issued, the cost of the books and any shipping fees will be deducted. Refunds for credit card payments will be processed as credits to the accounts from which they were paid and may not appear as a credit until the following statement. Refunds for enrollments paid by check take up to four weeks to be processed and mailed by the Rice University accounting office. There is a $30 charge for any check returned for insufficient funds.
RSVP for an upcoming session using the form below.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Physician Leadership Certificate : Physician Leadership Certificate