Rice University's Leadership Principles Certificate Program is designed to assist those aspiring to leadership roles reach new levels of success by teaching cutting-edge leadership and management concepts and providing tools and resources for the integration of learning into everyday practice. This certificate is an effective way to scale learning for maximum impact and is guided by research-based assessments.
Cultivate the right leadership skills in yourself and others
- Implement a wide-range of core leadership skills needed by leaders throughout an organization, regardless of role, industry or location
- Develop your unique personal leadership style, to lead authentically and inspire others toward action
- Adjust your leadership approach as your responsibilities grow and change
- Gain actionable insights into your leadership, conflict resolution style and emotional intelligence by completing a set of research-based assessments
Expand your contribution to your team
- Build high-performance teams that are more than the sum of their parts
- Lead effectively through situations involving conflict
- Receive feedback with an open mind and deliver it with tact
Bolster your contribution to your organization
- Complete the Action Learning Project capstone, an opportunity to integrate skills into one meaningful and job-relevant activity – a tangible take-away for employers and employees alike
- Extend your network and build relationships with a diverse group of peers who can provide wide-ranging insights into your business challenges and career decisions
Friday, March 5, 2021, 9 a.m. - noon CST
Friday, March 19, 2021, 9 a.m. - noon CST
Friday, April 2, 2021, 9 a.m. - noon. CST
Friday, April 16, 2021, 9 a.m. - noon CST
Friday, April 30, 2021, 9 a.m. - noon CST
Friday, May 7, 2021, 9 a.m. - noon CST
*Schedule subject to change.
- Emerging leaders from any industry with a desire to acquire concrete skills to better understand themselves and to lead those around them.
- Middle managers who are new to their role and need a more solid foundation in team building, team effectiveness and strategy execution.
- Individual contributors who want to move into a leadership position managing a team or department.
- Small business owners who need a toolkit to help them lead their organization in the dynamic, challenging context of running a business.
Top-Tier Learning Institution
Rice is a trusted, comprehensive research university that fosters a diverse intellectual environment and has a track record of producing the next leaders in every field imaginable. We are offering affordable and flexible courses and certificate programs for professionals throughout their careers. We are your partner in accomplishing your professional goals.
Tailor Your Experience
This program uses both psychometric assessments and a series of self and multi-rater assessments to help tailor your experience.
Tangible Skills and Online Resources
After successful completion, you are prepared to implement a wide range of skills making you more effective in your current role and prepares you for the next stage in your career. You also have access to additional online resources to build your leadership strategy.
The Leadership Principles Certificate Program includes time between sessions for reflection, hands-on development of skills, and for interested corporate clients, group coaching sessions with highly skilled professional coaches.”
Financial assistance information can be found on Rice Financial Aid's Visiting and Continuing Education Students page.
The Glasscock School offers a payment plan that allows participants to split the fee into two equal payments. A 50% deposit is required at the time of admittance, and the total balance must be submitted before the start of the first session.
“Since taking the course, I am much more aware of my personal leadership style and have the tools needed to be effective. From closely knowing how I operate on a level of self, team, and the organization.”
– Tatyana Nelson, Director
“It was truly an amazing course. I posted my certificate on LinkedIn and had a couple of former colleagues reach out to ask more about the program and how it might benefit them or people on their teams. I had nothing but positive things to say.”
–Amy McWilliams, Director
“If you are looking for some self-discovery while enhancing your leadership-technique-toolbelt, I recommend you take a look at the Leadership Principles program through Rice University. It's full of significant research and lovely discussions as to how you 'show up' in a variety of individual and team situations.”
– Stacey Winter, President
Join us for a free information session to learn more.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Leadership Principles Certificate Program : Leadership Principles Certificate Stream