Projects are key to an organization’s success. With the rate of change introduced by new technology and competition, projects are often complex, introduce risk and often face significant organizational and resource challenges. Designed for business professionals who need a fast tracked and hands-on introduction to project management principles and techniques, learn how to deliver results effectively and consistently by initiating and planning projects, building effective teams, leading teams to execute projects and controlling performance to ensure business value is delivered.
Whether you are new to project management, experienced but lack formal structure or a business professional seeking to improve your skills, the Project Management Fundamentals course provides you with the practical knowledge and tools that you can apply immediately to increase your personal success and the success of your projects.
The course will be delivered through the following modules:
- Module 1: Basic concepts and the project environment
- Module 2: Initiating projects for business value
- Module 3: Developing the project scope
- Module 4: Building the schedule and budget
- Module 5: Enhanced planning concepts
- Module 6: Delivering project results
- Module 7: Monitoring and controlling for effective performance
- Module 8: Closing effectively and continuing development
By providing an introduction to sound project management principles and techniques, the following are some of the key benefits:
- Provides an effective approach to initiating projects obtaining stakeholder buy-in and identifying measures for success
- Provides effective techniques for defining the project plan and protecting the project from typical pitfalls
- Improves performance by building and leading high-performance teams during project execution
- Increases success by monitoring and controlling results using proven techniques
- Increases the delivery of business value by focusing on benefits and controlling costs
This course is designed for business professionals, managers and leaders in for-profit or non-profit environments who are seeking to advance their knowledge of proven project management practices and techniques. Practicing project managers also benefit from this program, especially those with little or no formal training on project management practices.
By taking this course, learners will take away a practical knowledge of project management fundamentals that they can apply immediately in the workplace.
The estimated Cost of Attendance (COA) for Fundamentals of Project Management is up to $1580.
Financial assistance information can be found on Rice Financial Aid's Visiting and Continuing Education Students page.
Due to the high demand for courses, registrations are considered final as of 10 working days before class starts. No refunds will be issued after these dates and credits will not be given for future classes. No refunds will be granted for participants who miss a portion of a program. Refund requests before the deadline are subject to a 10% processing fee and must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. If books have been issued, the cost of the books and any shipping fees will be deducted. Refunds for credit card payments will be processed as credits to the accounts from which they were paid and may not appear as a credit until the following statement. Refunds for enrollments paid by check take up to four weeks to be processed and mailed by the Rice University accounting office. There is a $30 charge for any check returned for insufficient funds.
Join us for a free, upcoming information session: