Many people find the transition to retirement to be challenging. In spite of the real losses that can mark the later years of life, these years also have the potential to be a time of deep joy, connection and meaning. Retirement may also be the phase of life in which you experience the greatest freedom from others’ expectations and the ability to explore your most authentic self. This course, taught by psychologist Michael Winters, Ph.D., integrates lectures, discussion, journaling and interactive activities to help you thrive and discover the fullest potential of your retirement years.
- The meaning of retirement, examining personal and cultural assumptions
- Challenges and opportunities of later life
- Understanding and planning for the psychological changes in later life
- Building community and social connections
- Reimagining your present, future and legacy
NotesThe intent of this course is to offer a general educational overview of the topics described. If you are seeking specific therapeutic guidance, please consult with the mental health professional of your choosing.