Technical skills and knowledge only get you so far as you advance in your career. Often overlooked, soft skills--those that determine your ability to communicate with, lead, and influence others--are essential to building relationships, trust and productivity within your team. These skills allow you to grow beyond the role of an individual contributor and establish yourself as a well-rounded, effective leader in your organization.
Designed for technical professionals and emerging leaders, learn the value of becoming an effective communicator by focusing on:
- Building your foundational skills as a communicator
- Overcoming barriers to effective communication
- Establishing effective and meaningful relationships
- Managing conflict
- Navigating difficult conversations
- Developing qualities to differentiate yourself as a leader v. manager
- Tailoring your message for the right audience
- Growing your team and managing expectations
Optimized both for in-person and live-instruction, online delivery, the course relies heavily on class participation in case studies where participants can practice and build skills in communication, leadership, and team and relationship building
Module 1: Communication: Building the Foundation
Module 2: Communications Concepts and Techniques
Module 3: Building Relationships
Module 4: Key Conversations
Module 5: Leadership: Building the Foundation
Module 6: Leading Through Communication
Module 7: Team Building
Module 8: Leading and Developing Your Team
- Managers and team leaders
- Those responsible for the success of initiatives and team projects
- Project management professionals wanting to develop their leadership style to increase performance and better solve specific project situations
- Individuals who want to learn techniques to foster healthy conflict and learn how to monitor and control project work by developing stronger bonds among team members
- Individuals seeking credits towards their 60 professional development recertification units (PDUs) every three years
The estimated Cost of Attendance (COA) for Soft Skills for Business Professionals is up to $945.00.
Financial assistance information can be found on Rice Financial Aid's Visiting and Continuing Education Students page.
Due to the high demand for courses, registrations are considered final as of 10 working days before class starts. No refunds will be issued after these dates and credits will not be given for future classes. No refunds will be granted for participants who miss a portion of a program. Refund requests before the deadline are subject to a 10% processing fee and must be made in writing to email@example.com. If books have been issued, the cost of the books and any shipping fees will be deducted. Refunds for credit card payments will be processed as credits to the accounts from which they were paid and may not appear as a credit until the following statement. Refunds for enrollments paid by check take up to four weeks to be processed and mailed by the Rice University accounting office. There is a $30 charge for any check returned for insufficient funds.
Tuition includes the license fee and workbook