Talent acquisition plays a huge role in your organization’s success. Since the talent acquisition field has changed significantly in recent years, recruiters need new skills and strategies both to compete for talent and to become an indispensable business partner for your organization. The Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential provides you with the opportunity to develop new digital skills, learn updated techniques and approaches to onboarding and hiring, as well as a hands-on seminar in crafting your organization’s recruitment strategy.
Rice University is proud to partner with SHRM to offer the new Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential to source, engage and retain the best talent are top priorities for organizations. Earning the SHRM Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential recognizes the key role that talent acquisition professional’s play in today’s challenging business environment by demonstrating your expertise and proficiency as a strategic talent acquisition partner in the complex and continually-evolving topic area of Talent Acquisition.
Tuition includes the most recent addition SHRM Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential package.
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the world's largest HR professional society, representing 300,000 members in more than 165 countries. For nearly seven decades, the Society has been the leading provider of resources serving the needs of HR professionals and advancing the practice of human resource management. SHRM has more than 575 affiliated chapters within the United States and subsidiary offices in China, India and United Arab
To earn the credential, individuals must satisfactorily complete the following three activities:
- SHRM’s Talent Acquisition: Creating Your Organization’s Strategy Seminar.
- Six comprehensive SHRM eLearning courses on talent acquisition:
- Getting the Candidate to Say Yes
- Global Hiring
- Technology and Social Media
- Pass a 50-question online talent acquisition knowledge assessment.
- Individuals interested in earning a specialty credential that demonstrates knowledge and proficiency of the Talent Acquisition landscape
- HR professionals in a talent acquisition role that want to brush up on their skills
- Generalists who want to learn more about recruiting
- Those that have never done recruiting that want to focus on gaining skills
- HR professionals seeking 25 PDCs towards their SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP recertification
The Society for Human Resource Management
PREREQUISITES: You do not have to be SHRM-certified to earn the SHRM Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential.
The estimated Cost of Attendance (COA) for the SHRM Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential is up to $1930.
Financial assistance information can be found on Rice Financial Aid's Visiting and Continuing Education Students page.
Please view our refund policy https://glasscock.rice.edu/about-glasscock-school/policies here.
Due to the high demand for courses, registrations are considered final as of 10 working days before class starts. No refunds will be issued after these dates and credits will not be given for future classes. No refunds will be granted for participants who miss a portion of a program. Refund requests before the deadline are subject to a 10% processing fee and must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. If books have been issued, the cost of the books and any shipping fees will be deducted. Refunds for credit card payments will be processed as credits to the accounts from which they were paid and may not appear as a credit until the following statement. Refunds for enrollments paid by check take up to four weeks to be processed and mailed by the Rice University accounting office. There is a $30 charge for any check returned for insufficient funds.
A SHRM Specialty Credential will remain valid for three years from the date of completion. A SHRM Specialty Credential cannot be recertified and can only be re-issued following completion of the updated specialty credential learning program. Once a credential is earned, practitioners will receive a certificate of accomplishment along with a digital badge from SHRM verifying their specialty. In addition, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP credential-holders who complete a SHRM Specialty Credential will have the designated set of professional development credits (PDCs) allotted to the specialty credential automatically uploaded to their SHRM Certification Portal Online talent acquisition knowledge assessment.
- All 50 questions on the assessment are multiple choice with 4 answer choices. Of the 50 questions, 80 percent are knowledge items and 20 percent are scenario-based items.
- Individuals will have 100 minutes to complete the 50-question assessment. The assessment cannot be paused, exited and resumed, or restarted later once it has been started.
- The online assessment is computer-based and can be accessed from any computer that has a secure internet connection (i.e. your home or work computer). The assessment is be delivered through the same platform as the 6 eLearning modules.
- For security purposes, you will use the same single sign on login information and password that you use when accessing the SHRM website and any eLearning content. This is the unique identifier that will note when the assessment and any of the eLearning modules have been accessed and completed.
- Upon completion of the assessment, you will immediately receive a ‘pass’ or ‘not pass’ notification in the SHRM eLearning platform. A minimum score of 64% is required
Join us at an upcoming information session.
- Tuesday, December 3 at 6 p.m., Central time, online
SECURE YOUR SPOT
Online Course Requirements
Students in most professional development programs must have access to a computer and the Internet to complete the coursework required to earn the Certificate of Achievement.
“Virtual Classroom” – Blackboard Collaborate Requirements
Students in online format courses must have the following:
- Headset or earbuds with a microphone attached to your computer
High-speed Internet connection
Google Chrome or Firefox browsers
Accessing “Virtual Classroom” With a Phone or Tablet
- iPhone or iPad – Must use Safari browser.
Android phone or tablets – Must use Chrome browser.