Discover how to apply strategic thinking to step beyond traditional project management and fulfill overarching business goals in this short course.
The need for strategic project management experience in business is shown in the widening talent gap between the requirements of employers and availability to fill roles. Traditionally, project management focuses on the application of tactics, but modern business requires a defined strategy to make these tactics effective. Strategic project management has stepped into this gap, transforming the value of project managers.
Go beyond the basics of project management and equip yourself with practical tools as you follow your learning path through the weekly modules of this online course:
- Orientation module: Welcome to your Online Campus
- Module 1: The 21st-century project manager
- Module 2: Strategic thinking for project managers
- Module 3: Value management (part 1): Mining your project for values
- Module 4: Value management (part 2): Maximizing value for organizational
- Module 5: Strategic project leadership
- Module 6: Organizational structures and challenges
- Module 7: Project change and risk in an organizational context
- Module 8: The way forward
The estimated Cost of Attendance (COA) for Strategic Project Management is up to $3,000.
Due to the high demand for courses, registrations are considered final as of 10 working days before class starts. No refunds will be issued after these dates and credits will not be given for future classes. No refunds will be granted for participants who miss a portion of a program. Refund requests before the deadline are subject to a 10% processing fee and must be made in writing to email@example.com. If books have been issued, the cost of the books and any shipping fees will be deducted. Refunds for credit card payments will be processed as credits to the accounts from which they were paid and may not appear as a credit until the following statement. Refunds for enrollments paid by check take up to four weeks to be processed and mailed by the Rice University accounting office. There is a $30 charge for any check returned for insufficient funds.
Join us for a free, upcoming information session:
- Wednesday, July 31, 2019 at 6 p.m. Central time, online
- Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2019 at noon Central time, online
SECURE YOUR SPOT