Recommended for those new to human resources, small business owners and entrepreneurs, equip yourself with critical knowledge to improve your ability to handle challenging human resources issues. Due to the high demand for this course, multiple sections are offered.
The newly updated, SHRM Essentials of Human Resources provides foundational HR Knowledge and incorporates components of the SHRM BoCK. It provides insights into the standards for knowledge, strategies and competencies required of effective HR professionals around the world.
Managing any organization requires knowledge of the rules and regulations of human resource management. In this course, gain a broad overview of human resources; learn the foundational knowledge about recruiting, hiring, performance management, compensation and legal impact; understand the behavioral competencies that improve judgment and decision making; and learn practical experience through tools and resources to improve your job performance; and learn the tools to help reduce potential costly lawsuits. Once you successfully complete the course, earn a Rice Certificate of Achievement. No prior HR experience required.
Continuing Education Hours Include
- Approved by HR Certification Institute for 12.25 hours of HR (General) recertification credit towards PHR and SPHR recertification requirements
- Approved by SHRM for 14.75 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) towards SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification requirements
- Anyone new to HR
- Employees who have HR responsibilities as part of their job description
- Individuals who want to expand their HR knowledge
- HR professionals who need recertification credits
- Those seeking a stepping stone before earning the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP designation
Note: For on-site training inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
Financial assistance information can be found on Rice Financial Aid's Visiting and Continuing Education Students page.
Join us at an upcoming information session.SECURE YOUR SPOT
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Essentials of Human Resources Certificate : Essentials of Human Resources Management