Prepare for the CTP exam with Rice. Grab your spot early - this online course fills fast.
Rice University has partnered with the Association for Financial Professionals (AFP) to offer a live, instructor-led online Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) program that helps prepare you for the CTP exam and to earn the CTP credential. Certified Treasury Professional is the leading credential in corporate treasury worldwide that signifies you have demonstrated the knowledge and skills required to effectively execute critical functions related to corporate liquidity, capital and risk management. The process is turnkey: we will ship the books to you.
Participants who score 70 percent or higher on each online module test and the online post test will earn a Rice University Certificate of Achievement with commensurate re-certification hours.
- Using corporate cash efficiently and ensuring a company's ability to meet financial obligations
- Establishing systems to reduce non-earning cash balances while providing adequate liquidity
- Optimizing "cash conversion cycles" and "float"
- Obtaining short- and long-term borrowed funds in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Using credit facilities to fund corporate cash shortages
- Monitoring and controlling exposure to interest rate risk and foreign exchange risk
- Employing technology to streamline the cash management process
- Building domestic and international banking relationships to support global business objectives
- Understanding the impact external variables have on cash management
Course fee includes the most recent printed edition of and online access to AFP's CTP Exam Prep Platform.
Whatever your learning style, you'll find ways to test your knowledge and build confidence with the CTP Exam Prep Platform. The learning modules (available in print or e-reader format) provide an in-depth exploration of the complete content of the Body of Knowledge tested on the CTP exam in a concise, easy-to-understand format. Plus, visit the online learning center for a wealth of supplemental study materials:
- Quickstarts – guided overviews for each module highlight key topics
- Assessment – identifies topics a participant already knows and those areas that require more time and attention
- SmartStudy tool – create a personalized study plan based on experience and pre-test score
- Tests – more than 850 questions for continually testing knowledge and comprehension
- Case study – featuring real-life scenarios and questions to apply your knowledge
- Practice exam – presented with a timing feature and other functionality to emulate the CTP certification exam
- Online Resource Center – includes only or printable flashcards, related links, additional resources, and a feedback feature
CTP Exam Window and Application Dates
CTP Examination Testing Window 2020A: June 1, 2020 - July 31, 2020
Early Application Deadline March 20, 2020
Final Application Deadline April 24, 2020
CTP Examination Testing Window 2020B: December 1, 2020 - January 31, 2021
Early Application Deadline September 25, 2020
Final Application Deadline November 6, 2020
2020-2022 CTP Exam Knowledge Domains
|Content Area||Percentage of Test Items|
|I. Maintain corporate liquidity required to meet current and future obligations in a timely and cost-effective manner.||25%|
|II. Manage capital structure, manage costs of long-term capital, and quantitatively evaluate long-term capital resource investments.||18%|
|III. Manage internal and external relationships.||20%|
|IV. Monitor and control corporate exposure to financial, regulatory and operational risk (including emerging and reputational risk).||25%|
|V. Assess impact of technologies on the treasury function.||12%|
To be eligible for the CTP exam, you must have two or more years of full-time professional experience in a career-based cash/treasury management or corporate finance-related position.
Note: If you have less than two years of professional experience, a graduate-level degree in finance, business or accountancy, or two years of full-time, university-level teaching in a finance-related topic is each equivalent to one year of work experience.
Visit AFP's Eligibility Requirements page for more information.
- Corporate practitioners executing finance, treasury or accounting functions
- Bankers and other financial services providers developing and implementing products and services for corporate finance organizations
- Technical and administrative staff supporting the corporate finance function
- Students with an interest in finance or treasury-related fields
- Individuals preparing for the CTP examination
- Individuals needing CTP recertification credits (this course qualifies for 36 credits)
Benefits of CTP program:
- Offered entirely online
- Live instruction, quality instruction by senior-level banking leaders
- Class recordings are made available in video (MP4) format
- A history of delivering top-rated AFP programs to a global student audience
- Complete in less than four months with a convenient schedule
- Demonstrate that you have the knowledge and skills required to perform competently in today’s complex treasury environment
- Become more marketable when you compete for top positions
- Boost your professional confidence among your staff and peers
- Increase your chances of success the first time you take the CTP exam – Rice University student pass rates generally exceed the national average
Financial assistance information can be found on Rice Financial Aid's Visiting and Continuing Education Students page.
The estimated Cost of Attendance (COA) for the Certified Treasury Professional Program is $1,725.
Due to the high demand for courses, registrations are considered final as of 10 working days before class starts. No refunds will be issued after these dates and credits will not be given for future classes. No refunds will be granted for participants who miss a portion of a program. Refund requests before the deadline are subject to a 10% processing fee and must be made in writing to email@example.com. If books have been issued, the cost of the books and any shipping fees will be deducted. Refunds for credit card payments will be processed as credits to the accounts from which they were paid and may not appear as a credit until the following statement. Refunds for enrollments paid by check take up to four weeks to be processed and mailed by the Rice University accounting office. There is a $30 charge for any check returned for insufficient funds.
Online Course Requirements
Students in most professional development programs must have access to a computer and the Internet to complete the coursework required to earn the Certificate of Achievement.
Minimum System Requirements for Online Access
The online courses are delivered through Blackboard Collaborate. Before you get started in a Blackboard Collaborate session, you should ensure that your computer is able to support the needs of the collaboration environment. As a first-time user, to test whether your computer is ready to access Blackboard Collaborate, visit https://help.blackboard.com/Collaborate/Ultra/Participant and click on “How do I get started”.
Connecting to Blackboard Ultra
Students in online format courses must have the following:
- Headset or earbuds with a microphone attached to your computer
- High-speed Internet connection (Ethernet preferable)
- Google Chrome or FireFox (versions 49+) installed on your computer*
Blackboard Ultra can be accessed on a mobile device. The Blackboard app is available on iOS, Android, and Windows mobile devices. Join the webinar directly from your session link in Canvas — the app will open automatically. Please be sure to use your earbuds or headphones, as your built-in speakers may cause echoes during the recorded session.
Join us at an upcoming information session.
- Ernest Smith
- Madeline Sprague
- Ray Vines