As part of the Glasscock School’s Essentials of Entrepreneurship offerings, this course provides the framework to develop and manage a creative and economical marketing strategy for a small or emerging business.
Using real-world examples, learn to effectively market through the use of websites, search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), social media, public relations and online and local advertising. Experience a balance of theory and practical learning to apply these tools in harmony, intensifying awareness and profitability.
Our entrepreneurship offerings are modeled after the Entrepreneurship program at Rice’s Jones Graduate School of Business, founded by Drs. Ed Williams and Al Napier. Led by Pinot’s Palette Co-founder and CEO Craig Ceccanti and a mentee of Williams and Napier, explore the various pathways to marketing your business.
Pre-Class Research and Assignments
Readings and assignments are given the week before class. Based on class interest and changes in technology these may change. Plan to spend 2-3 hours each week researching relevant information for the upcoming class topic.
Past guest speakers include:
- Bo Bothe, MBA, CEO of BrandExtract
- Henry Richardson, CEO and Founder of DEFINE Body & Mind
- Jonathan Horowitz, CEO at Legacy Restaurants (Ninfa’s and Antone’s Po’ Boy)
- Previous participants of Essentials of Starting a Business
- Anyone interested in marketing a business or service
- Intrapreneurs wanting to make a difference in their company
- Entrepreneurs looking to successfully launch and maintain a business
- Anyone considering starting a business
Due to the high demand for courses, registrations are considered final as of 10 working days before class starts. No refunds will be issued after these dates and credits will not be given for future classes. No refunds will be granted for participants who miss a portion of a program. Refund requests before the deadline are subject to a 10% processing fee and must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. If books have been issued, the cost of the books and any shipping fees will be deducted. Refunds for credit card payments will be processed as credits to the accounts from which they were paid and may not appear as a credit until the following statement. Refunds for enrollments paid by check take up to four weeks to be processed and mailed by the Rice University accounting office. There is a $30 charge for any check returned for insufficient funds.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Essentials of Entrepreneurship Certificate : Essentials of Entrepreneurship Certificate