The objective of the course is to ground you in the fundamentals of factory dynamics, push and pull production systems, and lean principles. Offered in collaboration with Rice’s George R. Brown School of Engineering, this two-day course, which offers participants the opportunity to attend in person or online, is applicable to the Certificate of Completion in Advanced Data Analytics.
How can managers of manufacturing systems and supply chains increase revenues, lower costs and reduce lead-times in the constantly evolving and competitive business environment? Factory Analytics explores the basic scientific principles that govern the behavioral tendencies of manufacturing plants and provides practical insights and tools to manage in-process inventory, capacity, lead-time and variability to achieve the highest return.
Through the understanding of the physics of factory operations, learn to calculate performance measures, assess best- and worst-case performances of a production line, conduct internal benchmarking, evaluate the effects of machine failure, set-ups, and other disruptions on system performance, manage variability effectively, and design efficient and cost-effective processes.
The format of this course includes lectures and problem-solving sessions. Excel based predictive and prescriptive analytics tools will be used for problem-solving. Basic probability and statistics experience is required.
- Professionals or managers in manufacturing or operations based businesses
- Professionals or managers in high volume healthcare systems
- Professionals or managers in refineries and chemical processing plants
- Professionals or managers in oilfield services
- Professionals or managers in logistics, supply chain or scheduling
Basic Microsoft Excel capabilities are required for this offering.
In-Person or Online
This course is offered through the Glasscock School’s Zoom-powered classroom, which gives students the opportunity to attend in person at the Rice campus or to attend and participate online. From class to class, students can choose how they wish to participate.
Join us at an upcoming information session.
- Monday, Dec. 9, 2019 at noon Central time, in-person and remote options
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Advanced Decision Analytics Certificate Program : Advanced Decision Analytics