Learn to make decisions with confidence. Every decision has numerous factors. You may have data on some, but not on others, and this course helps you navigate through an effective decision-making process. Offered in collaboration with Rice’s George R. Brown School of Engineering, this two-day course, which offers participants the opportunity to attend in person or online, is applicable to the Certificate of Completion in Advanced Data Analytics.
Learn the simple science of Excel-based decision analytics to use relevant concepts from statistics to develop quantitative models that provide great data. Discover the decision analytics that even allows you to predict and plan potential scenarios before data is available!
Also, explore important questions such as expected monetary value for valuation. Additionally, the decision tree tool, which is the heart of this course, allows you to convert different projects/decisions/options to one financial metric, making it easy to compare projects and decisions.
- Professionals or managers in manufacturing or operations based businesses
- Professionals or managers in high volume healthcare systems
- Professionals or managers in refineries and chemical processing plants
- Professionals or managers in oilfield services
- Professionals or managers in logistics, supply chain or scheduling
Basic Microsoft Excel capabilities are required for this offering.
In-Person or Online
This course is offered through the Glasscock School’s Zoom-powered classroom, which gives students the opportunity to attend in person at the Rice campus or to attend and participate online. From class to class, students can choose how they wish to participate.
Join us at an upcoming information session.
- Wednesday, Sept. 4, 2019 at noon Central time, in-person and remote options
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Advanced Decision Analytics Certificate Program : Advanced Decision Analytics
Thank you for your interest in this course. Unfortunately, this course is either full or not currently accepting registrations.
Sign up to stay in the know and learn more about this offering and other professional studies programs.