Effective conflict management is an essential skill for every leader and emerging leader. Organizations are made up of diverse people with differing opinions and competing interests. When harnessed productively, conflict can be a positive force that facilitates breakthroughs. Master the skills needed to step up to conflict and see them as opportunities. Implement a proven approach to find workable resolutions that strengthen relationships and results.
This program can be easily tailored to a customized training workshop. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Diffuse high-tension situations effectively
- Discover your conflict management style and default habits
- Uncover your triggers and hot buttons
- Identify strategies to constructively manage workplace conflict
- Create a constructive climate for leading difficult conversations
Benefits to the organization
- Reduce costs
- Make better business decisions
- Implement initiatives more effectively
- Get a substantial return on investment
- Increase productivity
- Reduce absenteeism
- Improve the quality of decision making under stress
- Foster an environment of creative innovation
- Retain your top performers
- Strengthen supervisory relationships
- Keep your teams engaged and openly communicating
- Give your people the power to make a positive difference
- Improve employee and team performance
- Improve motivation and productivity
- Better ownership and accountability
- Cost-effective approach for professional development
The cost is inclusive of a psychometric assessment, which has been widely used in a variety of organizational and educational settings.
Through a rich, interactive learning experience that includes live online faculty presentations, case studies, small group discussions, psychometric assessments, and other exercises, you will learn how to develop practical approaches for improving behaviors that promote more effective workplace conflict resolution.
- New or experienced leaders or managers interested in taking their influence, performance and effectiveness to the next level.
- Teams seeking to foster better collaboration between multiple generations with different viewpoints and expectations for their work, learning and workplace culture
- Anyone seeking to improve their resiliency to better cope with change.
- HR professionals seeking recertification credits.
Financial assistance information can be found on Rice Financial Aid's Visiting and Continuing Education Students page.
Due to the high demand for courses, registrations are considered final as of 10 working days before class starts. No refunds will be issued after these dates and credits will not be given for future classes. No refunds will be granted for participants who miss a portion of a program. Refund requests before the deadline are subject to a 10% processing fee and must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. If books have been issued, the cost of the books and any shipping fees will be deducted. Refunds for credit card payments will be processed as credits to the accounts from which they were paid and may not appear as a credit until the following statement. Refunds for enrollments paid by check take up to four weeks to be processed and mailed by the Rice University accounting office. There is a $30 charge for any check returned for insufficient funds.
An individual may be able to claim a tax deduction or a tax credit for the cost of attending this continuing education program. However, we do not issue 1098-Ts. Non-academic credit programs such as continuing education courses do not require a 1098-T per IRS guidelines. Please keep a copy of your receipt and consult with your tax advisor about whether your payment meets the regulations that apply to tax deductions and tax credits. The University’s Federal Tax ID Number is 74-1109620.