This is a case-based course where students will work together in small breakout rooms over 5 2-hour classes to solve FP&A problems which include:
- Calculating market share and growth
- Learning many excel functions from basic to advanced
- Building best, base and worst-case scenario models
- Calculating the Lifetime Value of a Customer
- Analyzing price-volume-mix
- Determining NPV, payback, profitability index, breakeven, and IRR for an investment
- Deseasonalizing sales and forecasting
- Constructing and interpreting financial statements and ratios
- Running and interpreting a regression analysis
- Calculating a probability adjusted NPV
- Discussing the strategic side of investments and looking beyond NPV and IRR
Between each class there will be homework assignments as well as regular weekly office hours where students can ask the teacher for guidance on the cases done in class, homework, and exam preparation tips.
Test Specifications -2019B - 2024A
Part I – Financial Acumen
Understanding and Managing Financial Information and Business Relationships (140 Questions)
- Domain A:Concepts of Business and Finance – 52-58%
- Domain B:Systems and Technology – 17-23%
- Domain C:Business Partnering – 22-28%
Part II – Financial Analysis and Business Support
Building and Interpreting Financial Projections (55 Questions)
- Domain A: Analysis and Projections – 37-43%
- Domain B: Models and Analytics – 42-48%
- Domain C: Business Communication – 12-18%
FP&A Exam Window and Application Dates:
Exam window date: August 1 – October 31, 2020
Application deadline: June 19, 2020
- FP&A professionals from analyst to VP level looking to pass the FP&A certification exam or improve their overall FP&A acumen.
- Accounting, treasury, tax professionals seeking to learn more about FP&A best practices.
Financial assistance information can be found on Rice Financial Aid's Visiting and Continuing Education Students page.
The estimated Cost of Attendance (COA) for the FP&A Exam Prep Boot Camp is $1,200.00 [fee includes the most recent edition of AFP’s FP&A Exam Prep Platform] – Incredible value as Exam Prep Platform alone costs $1095/$1195 for AFP Members/Non-Members.
$700.00 [price without EPP].
Due to the high demand for courses, registrations are considered final as of 10 working days before class starts. No refunds will be issued after these dates and credits will not be given for future classes. No refunds will be granted for participants who miss a portion of a program. Refund requests before the deadline are subject to a 10% processing fee and must be made in writing to email@example.com. If learning materials, including the EPP, have been issued, the cost of the materials and any shipping fees will be deducted. Refunds for credit card payments will be processed as credits to the accounts from which they were paid and may not appear as a credit until the following statement. Refunds for enrollments paid by check take up to four weeks to be processed and mailed by the Rice University accounting office. There is a $30 charge for any check returned for insufficient funds.
The full course fee ($1,200.00) includes access to the most recent edition of and online access to the FP&A Exam Prep Platform (EPP). The cost of the EPP is non-refundable once the materials are distributed.
The FP&A Exam Prep Platform is the preferred study resource for the Certified Corporate FP&A Professional Exam and is based on the test specifications for the 2019B - 2024A windows. This fully digital and interactive platform contains study materials, evaluations, sample questions, and customized progress tracking
- Built-In Instructor-Led Training
- Pre-Evaluation and Post-Evaluation
- Mobile Friendly
- Practice Exams
- Progress Reports
- Integrated with AFP Collaborate
- Knowledge Checks
- Case Studies
- Resource Center
Before your enrollment in the FP&A program is accepted and you can register for your first exam, you must meet the entrance requirements:
- Have a bachelor's or equivalent degree OR be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program with a finance-related major (finance, accounting, economics, or business) and be on track to graduate within two years.
- Understand the professional conduct requirement (you will be asked to agree to comply with the AFP Standards of Ethical Conduct).
Candidates may enroll in the FP&A program and begin taking the exams before the Education and Experience Requirements have been fully satisfied but will not be awarded the credential until requirements have been met.
Please click here to use the FP&A Eligibility Assessment and determine if you meet the certification requirements.