An organization’s data is recognized as the most vital asset of an enterprise, yet far too many fail to appreciate the legal and fiscal responsibilities and liabilities associated with it. This course covers the foundations, principles and methodology of data management and data governance to ensure such high quality data.
Participation in this certificate program fulfills industry demand for a university-based curriculum that trains employees to become educated data management – developed with the industry for the industry.
- Tools, Methods & Best Practices for Data Science and Analytics
- Computational/Data Science in the Energy Sector
- Energy Data Management and Governance
- Manage, maintain, monitor and measure organizational data governance plan
- Understand the importance of organization-wide standards
- Apply well-know algorithms, methods and best practices for analyzing diverse data sets
- Become familiar with tools and environments for data management
- Use robust data workflows and life-cycles
- Entry-level geoscientists/ geophysicists
- Mid-career professionals seeking to redirect their career path
- Mid-level managers seeking to advance their career into energy data
- Managers seeking to update their knowledge and understanding of energy data practices
Rice University’s Department of Earth, Environmental and Planetary Sciences (EEPS) and Glasscock School of Continuing Studies have partnered to offer the Energy & Data Management Certificate.
The estimated Cost of Attendance (COA) for the Energy and Data Management Certificate is up to $10,500.00. Financial assistance information can be found on Rice Financial Aid's Visiting and Continuing Education Students page.
Due to the high demand for courses, registrations are considered final as of 10 working days before class starts. No refunds will be issued after these dates and credits will not be given for future classes. No refunds will be granted for participants who miss a portion of a program. Refund requests before the deadline are subject to a 10% processing fee and must be made in writing to email@example.com. If books have been issued, the cost of the books and any shipping fees will be deducted. Refunds for credit card payments will be processed as credits to the accounts from which they were paid and may not appear as a credit until the following statement. Refunds for enrollments paid by check take up to four weeks to be processed and mailed by the Rice University accounting office. There is a $30 charge for any check returned for insufficient funds.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Energy & Data Management Certificate : Energy & Data Management Certificate