This course is designed for professionals who want to learn about buying or selling their own business. Learn how to identify, analyze and evaluate a business acquisition from both a personal and a financial perspective and from the buyer and seller's perspective. You will also be introduced to the “needs” approach of buying and selling a business and learn the importance of “win / win” negotiations in the acquisition process.
The course covers an introduction to business valuation, deal structure and financing options including how to use an SBA loan, Private Equity and Strategic Partners to complete a transaction. You will also discuss due diligence, legal and tax implications of a business transaction.
- The needs approach to buying and selling a business
- Risk and mitigation strategies
- Negotiation of structure and terms
- Business acquisition financing & deal structure options including:
- SBA Loans / Seller Financing / Private Equity / Strategic Partners
- Due diligence
- Legal & Tax aspects of a transaction
- Strategies to ensure a successful transaction
In addition to the book that was authored by the instructor, we will incorporate actual real-world case studies with guest speakers and learn from both the successes and failures of these.
- Previous participants of Essentials of Starting a Business
- Anyone interested in operating and growing a business or service
- Intrapreneurs wanting to make a difference in their company
- Entrepreneurs looking to successfully launch and maintain a business
- Anyone considering starting a business
Due to the high demand for courses, registrations are considered final as of 10 working days before class starts. No refunds will be issued after these dates and credits will not be given for future classes. No refunds will be granted for participants who miss a portion of a program. Refund requests before the deadline are subject to a 10% processing fee and must be made in writing to email@example.com. If books have been issued, the cost of the books and any shipping fees will be deducted. Refunds for credit card payments will be processed as credits to the accounts from which they were paid and may not appear as a credit until the following statement. Refunds for enrollments paid by check take up to four weeks to be processed and mailed by the Rice University accounting office. There is a $30 charge for any check returned for insufficient funds.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Essentials of Entrepreneurship Certificate : Essentials of Entrepreneurship Certificate
Thank you for your interest in this course. Unfortunately, this course is either full or not currently accepting registrations.
Sign up to stay in the know and learn more about this offering and other professional studies programs.