AWS Academy Cloud Foundations is intended for students who seek an overall understanding of cloud computing concepts, independent of specific technical roles. It provides a detailed overview of cloud concepts, AWS core services, security, architecture, pricing, and support.
Module 1: Cloud Concepts
- What is Cloud Computing?
- Introduction to Cloud Economics
- AWS Global Infrastructure Overview
Module 2: AWS Core Services
- Core Service Introduction
- Computer Services
- Storage Services
- Amazon VPC
- Database Services
Module 3: AWS Security
- AWS Shared Responsibility Model
- AWS Access Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- AWS Trusted Advisor
- AWS CloudTrail
- AWS Config
- AWS Day One Best Practice Review
- AWS Security and Compliance Programs
- AWS Security Resources
Module 4: AWS Architecting
- Introduction to the Well-Architected Framework
- Well-Architected Design Principles
- Understanding Reliability and High Availability
Module 5: Cloud Support
- Overview of AWS Technical Support Plans and Costs
This introductory (Level 100) course is intended for AWS Academy member institutions.
Financial assistance information can be found on Rice Financial Aid's Visiting and Continuing Education Students page.
The estimated Cost of Attendance (COA) for the Academy Cloud Foundations (ACF) Program is $1,100.
Due to the high demand for courses, registrations are considered final as of 10 working days before class starts. No refunds will be issued after these dates and credits will not be given for future classes. No refunds will be granted for participants who miss a portion of a program. Refund requests before the deadline are subject to a 10% processing fee and must be made in writing to email@example.com. If books have been issued, the cost of the books and any shipping fees will be deducted. Refunds for credit card payments will be processed as credits to the accounts from which they were paid and may not appear as a credit until the following statement. Refunds for enrollments paid by check take up to four weeks to be processed and mailed by the Rice University accounting office. There is a $30 charge for any check returned for insufficient funds.
Join us at an upcoming information session.
- Thursday, April 11, 2019 at noon Central time, online