Created for teachers who hold a master’s degree but lack the required 18 graduate content hours, this option helps teachers with a master’s degree efficiently meet the requirements to teach dual credit courses. Currently, courses are only available in the following disciplines: English and Social Sciences/History. Applicants must have a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) from an accredited university or college. A minimum GPA of 3.0 from the applicant's undergraduate work is expected.
- Completed Application for Admission
- Application fee ($85 nonrefundable payment) - Submit payment here
- Current resume
- Personal statement
- Writing sample
- Official transcripts from all previous colleges or universities attended, mailed directly to the Graduate Liberal Studies office
- Two letters of recommendation, each accompanied by a completed Letter of Recommendation form
- Application interview
Please note GRE Test Scores are not required.
Application materials become property of Rice University and will not be returned. You may be selected for an interview during the final stage of the application process.
Please review the Personal Statement and Writing Sample Instructions before submitting your application.
Rice University policies and process regarding admissions requirements may be found in the General Announcements.
- Fall Application Deadline: May 15
- Spring Application Deadline: October 15
- Summer Application Deadline: February 15